Monday, September 6, 2010

The battle of the blender

Have you ever had the roommate that is the exact opposite of you in something as crucial as sleep?  This person is the most difficult to live with, because it is not that you aren't fabulous friends, you just have completely different needs for a peaceful slumber.  Of course, I am not lucky enough to escape this difficult situation.  I don't need it to be pitch black to sleep, but I do like it quiet.  White noise I can handle, but incessant loud noise is simply unacceptable.  Even worse is when your roommate is early to bed and early to rise, and I unfortunately am not.  I have trouble falling asleep in the early evening, and do not like to wake up while it is still dark.  There are three of us in the house, and it is quite tricky.  One needs it both quiet and dark, I just need it quiet, and I am pretty sure the culprit of offense needs neither.  Once the first roommate goes to bed, the culprit soon decides it is time to blow dry her hair.  She doesn't close the door to the bathroom, and makes it so no one in the house can do anything but listen to racket created by her blow dryer.  Then first thing in the morning, she is banging around in the kitchen, looking for a pot or pan.  Once this is found, she decides it is time for the morning smoothie, and gets out the blender.  I think my least favorite way to be woken up is by the blender, it is like hearing nails on a chalkboard that seem to never end.  Every time we try to approach the situation, she simply shrugs and says that it could not possibly be a problem, she needs to eat.  Which I suppose she does, but at least the baby food is a lot quieter...

No comments:

Post a Comment